Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Jan 14-20 2008

  • Monday 6 myles (rec.)
  • Tuesday 10 myles (LT)
  • Wednesday 9 myles
  • Thursday 8 myles
  • Friday 0ff
  • Saturday 27 myles
  • Sunday 6 myles (rec.)
  • Total 66 myles
Pic of the week - Myles sportin' his FastED one-zee

Actually the Fast Eddy one-zee was Jaxon's made for him by this guy. This was the original logo I used for a soccer team I used to play for in a previous life.

I would consider this a recovery week despite the second highest mileage. My goal was to do shorter runs and integrate a lil' speed work, which I did. But where I didn't feel like I needed to recover was the long run. If there's one thing I've learned is the simple fact that I have to train long if I want to race long. I used to believe quality over quantity but having that strategy hasn't worked to my advantage in the past so why not change it up a bit. Even though I managed to work in 66 myles during a recovery week, the myles came easy or should I say easier than the past building weeks. My mind and body still feel fresh but I have to admit after each long run my Achilles is really, really sore. I'm not second guessing my long runs but it makes me wonder if I continue to train by adding more myles per week, will I make it through the season? No turning back now, full steam ahead and pray for the best.

Next week I will ramp back up the myles and hope to reach the 80 mile mark. The only way I'll be able to do this is to have a couple 16 + days (in a row) and then have a 30 mile run on the weekend. I think I'm ready for that! I also think I'm ready for some hill work, which I will probably incorporate during my Wednesday run. After this week I will have 2 weeks before Red Hot 50+ to taper. I really hope for the best there because that will be the first indication if my training has been true to me.

And to this weeks end I'll end with a quote from Tom Fleming (running coach) - If you want to be a better runner, you've got to run more. It's as simple as that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice week. I am curious to see if the Calico has a new CR of if the Fast One remains king.

Anonymous said...

I looked and if my calculations are correct, The Fast One still owns Calico by almost 12 minutes.