Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, January 21, 2008

16 myles - 1.58:33

Daniels Park out/back - 11:45 a.m.
15 degrees, snowing, South wind, everything frozen
mind/body - fresh/tired
easy effort

The storm and cold front I was talkin' about is here! The cold temps made for a slow and go run, albeit my body was a little tired from the long run on Saturday. Once I got going I warmed up pretty quick and then with the wind at my back I started to sweat. I didn't know how much I was sweating until I started running into the head wind on the way back. My top layer was frozen but with my wicking layer underneath I was still relatively warm. The only time I have ever been cold during a run was last year at Hard Rock at 4:30 a.m.. I was just leaving Telluride, heading up over a big pass, for some reason I started to sleep on my feet so I stopped. By the time I got to the top of the pass I was shaking uncontrollably! So the moral of the story is "if you're cold during a run, go faster!"

My first and last splits today were: 7:02/7:07. That's a pace that is easy for me, I'm not breathing hard and I'm not making a concerted effort to increase leg turnover. If I can do this over 30 + myles and throw in a few hills, now were talkin'!!

No comments: