Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, January 7, 2008

16 myles - 1.54:56

Platte River - 11:30 a.m.
mid 30's, overcast, clear path
body/mind felt GREAT!
easy effort

To give you an indication of how good I felt today, my first/last splits were 6:58/6:36 respectively. And the best part about the last mile is that I could have gone a lot faster. My breathing was relaxed and my body was composed but I had no intention of making this run a hard effort so I held back.

I left from my house and ran down to the 8 mile mark on this route making it an out/back. I wanted to get a feel for how long it should take me to get from the Platte river back home so that when I run the 40 myles I can gage my last uphill effort. Going out is all down hill (56:43), obviously coming back (58:10) is all up, which is perfect training for American River. American River starts on a path in Sacramento and goes uphill to Auburn, at the 24 mile mark it goes uphill and I think off road.

This week is off to a good start, I hope I can finish it out the way I planned....

No comments: