Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

15 myles - 1.47:00

Chatfield loop - 12:30 p.m.
clear, crisp 30ish, slight wind
body/mind - responsive/clear
easy effort

Now that's more like it!! I was not looking forward to the run today simply because I didn't know how my body would respond. Turned out to be great! I had no major issues and felt pretty fast today, albeit the course was mostly flat. I averaged 7:03/mile without pushing the pace at all so that tells me that tempo and hill work is starting to paying off. I should be able to go the same distance tomorrow but I'll have to wait and see how the 'ol body feels. My goal is to be able to do 4 - 16 mile runs in a row before American River 50 mile. Thanks to those who put up comments when I was down the other day, it really helped!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See... Maybe your body is not as old as you think...