Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

9 myles - 1.12:28

Lone Tree loop - 11:30 a.m.
clear, mid 30's, snow packed trail
no aches/pains
Achilles bothered me a bit
easy effort

If there's one thing I learned from last year it's that I should go "hard" on hard efforts and go "easy" on easy efforts. Last year I was always trying to get a better time on each of my routes, every time. I now know that in order to get faster and stay healthy I need to adhere to my prescribed run. Having said that, for this year I will take my watch every time for total time but as it relates to splits I will only record my splits per mile on tempo and LT runs. Each week will consist of a tempo run, hill/speed run or LT run, 2 easy runs, and a long run.

Today really was an easy effort - I just flat out enjoyed myself! The trail was snow packed, hard, and very unsteady so I just "sauntered" my way around the Lone Tree loop twice. Each loop is 2.7 myles with some elevation and to get there I need to go 1.8 myles making it a total of 9 myles. First loop was 21:21 and second loop was 21:48. Before Way Too Cool in March I'm going to do 12 laps out there as a test. If I can do it in around 4 and 1/2 hours then I know I can go to WTC and get under 3.50 - that's the goal!

No comments: