Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, January 20, 2008

6 myles - recovery

Grigs out/back - 1:00 p.m.
calm, clear, mid 30's, wet road
body/mind - really good, no aches
recovery effort

Another gorgeous (gay Boston accent) day here in Colorado! This may be the last of them for a week or so.

Doing a recovery run is harder mentally than anything else. I find myself trying to come up with every excuse in the book NOT to run. But once I'm out the door it is the most relaxing run of the entire week, I dare say I didn't break a sweat today. Based on last weeks recovery run and the way I feel right now, recovery runs will be part of my normal routine - barring injury. The only down side to this is that I'm running 6 days a week instead of my normal 5, which is a little stretch for me.

No comments: