Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

9 myles - 1.09:28

Lone Tree loop - 1:00 p.m.
overcast, exactly 12 degrees, snow
mind/body - feeling very fresh
easy effort

Man was it cold today! Cold enough to make me think about turning around after a block. Got a light dusting of snow overnight which created problems on the trail. The Lone Tree loop still had a layer of snow on it before last night and with the single digit temps it had turned to ice underneath. Terrible footing but I managed to do two loops (2.7 myles each) in 20:07 and 20:09, pretty even splits -eh? I would consider this run a "puttin' in the myles" run.

One quick side note: with it being overcast, a light dusting of snow, and frigid temps, my Smith V-ti's came through again! I wore the rose lens today, which is perfect for overcast days and snow on the ground. I dare ANY sunglass company to come up with a better frame and lens! It's not possible!

No comments: