Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, January 14, 2008

6 myles + weights

Grigs road - 2:30 p.m.
clear, mid 40's, no wind
body/mind - sluggish
recovery effort

I was going to take today off but I can't pass on a beautiful winter day like today! Just so you know a recovery effort is slower than an easy effort so I didn't even bother with the watch. If I do anything else this week, this run was the most important. Important because it was all about recovery after a long run - gettin' out any soreness and gettin' the blood pumping again. Speaking of soreness, I didn't seem to have any soreness at all... good sign! In the past when I have had the opportunity to do a recovery run I usually passed just to get a day off. I'll have to wait and see how I feel tomorrow before I pass judgement.

Another reason this is an important run is because for the first time, I followed my long run with another day of running. As I get into my peak fitness my bread and butter will be back to back long runs, 30 myles followed by 20 myles. Running on tired legs and a tired mind is what ultra running is all about.

No comments: