Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

14 myles - (1.28:01 for 12)

Daniels Park + Sanctuary hill - noon
mid 20's, clear, Southwest wind
mind/body - fresh/tired
medium effort

Warmed up with a 6 mile run to the mutha of all hills - THE sanctuary hill! I look at the profile and can't believe it's only 123ft in 2 tenths of a mile! But then again, put into perspective that's 615ft/mile or just over 3000ft /5 miles. Bfish if you read this - Mt. Falcon has nothin' on the this hill!

After I warmed up with 6 myles I did 5 reps up the hill (2 myles total). I made a concerted effort to make each one faster than the last (1:24, 1:21, 1:20, 1:18, 1:16) ...success! All said and done I proceeded to cool down with another 6 myles home. I was tired when I got home. I'm getting tired and look forward to start my taper next week.

No comments: