Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, December 31, 2009

3288 for 2009

Daniels Park - 11:00 A.M.
mid 40s, clear, still snow
mind/body - a little sluggish
easy effort

Prescribed: 1.15 easy effort

Actual: 10 myles - 1.10:18 - avg. 7:02 - much easier than yesterday

I end the year with 3,288 myles. What does it mean? Nothing really. Other than the fact that it's the most myles I've run in a calendar year. Oh, and it's also farther than driving from San Francisco to Boston (3179)... For the decade I've run 16,599 myles - not bad considering that's only going back to 2003 when I starting keeping a log book.

On another note, I can't wait for tomorrow cause I am gonna put the hurt on some French fries and chips and salsa - all in one sitting. My New Year's resolution for 2009 was to avoid all fried food because I had an affinity to chips/salsa and fries, especially after races. Well I succeeded, save it that ONE Sun Chip I ate back in January.... Did you know Sun Chips are fried? They sound healthy but actually they get their name because the sun is used through solar panels to heat the oil to fry the chips - very clever marketing. Through the year it has been more of a challenge staying away from tortilla chips than anything else. Hmm imagine that.... me being Mexican. I got around it by having the waitress bring me fresh tortillas to scoop up the salsa - worked like a charm. 2010's New Year's resolution will be a bit more of a challenge but I'm not gonna tell you yet cause you'll think I'm crazy.

1 comment:

Jamil said...

Scott, how long will you be in town for the AZRNR marathon? Nick will be running it too. We would love to get together before or after for an easy run or some food. Email me when you get a chance: rugged.jamil@gmail.com