Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, December 19, 2009

25 myles - 2.58:36

Highline canal - 11:00 A.M.
40s, North wind, clear
mind/body - good
easy effort

Prescribed: 3 - 3.15 easy pace/steady effort on flat pavement

Actual: 25 myles - 2.58:36 - avg. 7:08 - easy/steady pace on dirt and pavement

I haven't done one of these long, flat runs in over a year and I can honestly say I don't miss it. Sometimes these long, flat runs are tougher than going on a 5 hour run in the mountains. Physiologically I was fine but felt like I was crawling the last 4 myles when in reality I had a negative split coming back: out 1.30:23 and came back in 1.28:13. I don't think I've been on a run of 20+ myles when I didn't get achy muscles and today was no different. But now I also know that those aches work themselves out after a couple more hours.

Good solid week with 65 quality myles. Over the next 3 weeks I'll work on really dialing in my expected marathon pace. I honestly feel it's somewhere between 6:10 and 6:15 right now. btw 6:07 pace would put me in the 2.30 range...

Mexican word of the day: WHEELCHAIR. E.g. "We only have one enchilada left, is OK because wheelchair"
Post a Comment