Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, December 19, 2009

25 myles - 2.58:36

Highline canal - 11:00 A.M.
40s, North wind, clear
mind/body - good
easy effort

Prescribed: 3 - 3.15 easy pace/steady effort on flat pavement

Actual: 25 myles - 2.58:36 - avg. 7:08 - easy/steady pace on dirt and pavement

I haven't done one of these long, flat runs in over a year and I can honestly say I don't miss it. Sometimes these long, flat runs are tougher than going on a 5 hour run in the mountains. Physiologically I was fine but felt like I was crawling the last 4 myles when in reality I had a negative split coming back: out 1.30:23 and came back in 1.28:13. I don't think I've been on a run of 20+ myles when I didn't get achy muscles and today was no different. But now I also know that those aches work themselves out after a couple more hours.

Good solid week with 65 quality myles. Over the next 3 weeks I'll work on really dialing in my expected marathon pace. I honestly feel it's somewhere between 6:10 and 6:15 right now. btw 6:07 pace would put me in the 2.30 range...

Mexican word of the day: WHEELCHAIR. E.g. "We only have one enchilada left, is OK because wheelchair"

3 comments:

Nick said...

Scott - Your recent workouts look to me like you should be thinking 2:3x.

Paul DeWitt said...

Bishop - Maria fell down the stairs and I had to pick the bishop.

Unknown said...

OK, ok. Not everyone has seen the email so don't ruin it for those Anglo's who still want to learn Mexican. And yes, Mexican is different than Spanish.