Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, December 28, 2009

2010 race schedule

Landing on a race a month has been my strategy in years past, starting in January and ending in September, this year has been a bit tricky. Family, job, and money have got me to stay closer to home in 2010 (save it a couple races). So without further adeux here it is:

As much as I've planned and talked it over with the board this is still 'tentative'. I would really like for the family to join me in New York and see the sights, just don't know if it's possible yet.

As far as goals are concerned; I'd like to set a PR in the marathon and 50K distance, get a faster time at Hard Rock (if I get in), and get a top 5 at Where's Waldo. Sure I have a goal for every race but those are the big ones for me.

Hope to see you somewhere on the 'trail' in 2010

8 comments:

Jon Allen said...

Looks like I'll get a chance to meet you in person. I'm doing Buffalo 50k or 50m, Poky 50, and the Bear. And best of luck in your marathon- you're training has been great (even with the snow). It seems like you've worried a bit about not having your MP dialed in due to some bad runs, but you'll be fine. Have confidence in your training.

brownie said...

What are we betting at Hardrock? And Bear, if I go? Think it should be nine hours with all the speedwork you've been doing.

Unknown said...

Jon - Looking forward to meeting you. I will trust my training but I have a tendency to go out too fast so the mp in my head to start will help for the first 10 myles.

Browneye - Speed work doesn't mean sheet at HR. The bet is 7 hours pal!

brownie said...

Seven hours, you're on. I'm going 33 flat this year. You're going to have to go 26...

AJW said...

Looks like we have a chance to cross paths three times in 2010 if we both get lucky in the Hardrock Lottery. Since the series currently stands at 1 to 1 (I actually did not run WTC:) let's call it a best of five series concluding at The Bear (if necessary!)

Case of PBR tall boys to the winner.

Unknown said...

Jay-Dub - your on! I really think it should be two 50s instead of just one. But since your coming off of WS into HR then that should handicap you a bit. What if one of us doesn't get into HR? Where's Waldo to even the score???

AJW said...

Two 50 milers! Don't you want it to be just a little bit competitive? Let's go with Poky, HRH and The Bear and, if we don't get into HRH we can use Waldo.

Unknown said...

Deal.