Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

9 myles

H.S. track - noon
50s, clear, North wind
mind/body - good
Hard effort

Prescribed: Yasso 800s - 10 x 800 in 2:40-45

Actual: 2 mile warm up, 10 x 800 (2:38, 2:38, 2:38, 2:38, 2:39, 2:36, 2:38, 2:37, 2:39, 2:39), 2 mile cool down

Now that's what I call consistency! I let the first one be my guide for the whole set, whatever I came up with I would try and hit for the remaining 9. This was not an over-the-top, lactate spilling effort either. I was very comfortable -tired- but comfortable the whole time. 9 and 10 were a little more difficult as I started to feel the fatigue and dead legs. As strange as it may seem, this workout is supposed to be predictive of a marathon time. Strange but I think it's been confirmed - we'll see. My goal for the marathon is 2.44

On a more important note, today is Myles 2nd birthday. Happy Birthday little man!

Wearing the Pink Floyd and already trying to ride the tricycle

6 comments:

brownie said...

No way you beat Grimes's PR.

Unknown said...

Thee only reason I am doing this lame road race is to shut Grimes up - period! Can you say "Ka-Rush" Grimes PR?

Harsha said...

What kind of breaks did you take between your 800's.

Happy Birthday to Myles!!!!

Unknown said...

200 meter breaks, walking the first 100 and then breaking into a jog for the other 100. About 2.5 minutes in between

Geoff said...

I am a big fan of the Yasso 800s year round, and they are a great predictor of marathon time assuming all other training is in line. With the consistency you have there, plus your endurance base, you should be set.

2:38? I'll take the under!

Manners said...

Sweet! Happy Birthday Myles! 2 already? WOW!