Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

8 myles

Jeffco Stadium - 10 A.M.
mid 50s, sunny, clear track
mind/body - reluctant/solid
Hard effort

Prescribed: 15 minute warm up, 8 x 1K in 3:15, 15 minute cool down

Actual: 15:05 warm up, 6 x 1K (3:19, 3:16, 3:15, 3:18, 3:18, 3:20), 20:20 cool down

I knew when I hit 3:20 with a much harder push on the 6th one, I was cooked. I didn't want to over-do it just to get 8 reps in. I'm happy with the result and feel like some speed is coming back.

As you can tell from the "prescribed", Paul Dewitt is coaching me again. I have registered for the Arizona Rock and Roll marathon on January 17th and I needed an extra kick of motivation to get the speed work in. If all goes well (with the speedwork) I will get my marathon PR out of the way early for 2010. Currently my PR is 2.50 but I think I can lower it by 7 minutes with the right training. We'll see how it goes and if I stay healthy.

Right after this run on Monday, I went into a solid two day meeting so I haven't run since. I hope to get out the next two days for a couple hour runs and then on Saturday run a 1/2 marathon race in Pueblo to finish the week off.
Post a Comment