Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, December 5, 2009

11 myles - 1.18:35

Treadmill - 4:00 P.M.
20s outside, a little snow
mind/body - eager
Hard effort

Prescribed: Rock Canyon 1/2 marathon or 20 minute @ 5:50 pace, 1.20 slow, 20 minute @ 5:50 pace

Actual: Kenyan cut-down starting at 7MPH, increasing 0.1MPH every 400 m, up thru 10 MPH in 53:34. Remaining time @ 8.7MPH - 11 myles - avg. 7:08

Big difference between what I was supposed to do and what I actually did but at the end of the day I ended up getting some speed work in. This is 3rd time I've done this workout and only the 1st time I've been able to finish it w/o stepping off. It is a tough workout, especially since I hate the TM so much. I really had to concentrate and focus on finishing this workout. Maybe that's going to make a difference as far as mental toughness when it comes time to push through the last 3 myles of the marathon in 6:10 or so. I'm gonna try to get out tomorrow for an hour and 45 but the cold weather is settling in again.... man I'm getting soft in my old age.
Post a Comment