Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

9 myles - 1.05:58

Treadmill - 8 A.M.
-10 degrees outside - nuff said
mind/body - dreading it/strong
Hard effort

Prescribed: 60 minutes on the TM - 7:10 pace with 1% increase in incline per quarter till you can't go anymore - 800 recovery flat

Actual: 1.05:58 - 9 myles - 7:13 pace (8.3MPH). 4 sets: 1% to 6% incline per quarter, 800 flat.

Treadmill and speed work should never go together but today it was inevitable with the cold outside. Anyone who went outside today either died or was happy with about a mile run - 10 below this morning.

I made it up to 6% incline at which point I couldn't go anymore. I found myself starring at the light switch on the wall to focus and asking it to take me to a happy place... man I hate the treadmill - it's making me go crazy!

4 comments:

Stuart Swineford said...

"...take me to a happy place." Not sure one exists when the treadmill is concerned but that made me laugh.

Nice effort.

~stubert.
http://www.runsturun.com

Anonymous said...

I'll cut you a little slack today PBR. Ran outside in the cold today at noon. Apparently my treadmill does not have a "happy place" mode on it!
BFish

Erik said...

Only 10 below? That's no excuse- check out Draney talking about running in 30 below! www.elvaqueroloco.blogspot.com
With that being said, anytime it's cold enough to make my nose run-I'm on the treadmill watching a video.
Good luck with the PR amigo.

Unknown said...

Erik,

I think you said it all "Draney - el vaquero loco" nuff said. WHEW - 30 below he is a man among men! I feel soft again...