Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

11 myles - 1.56:12

Coyote Ridge - noon
Effing cold!
mind/body - good
easy effort

Prescribed: 1.15 - 1:30 easy effort

Actual: 11 myles - 1.56:12 - avg. 10:33. 1 minute 5K, 4 minute easy for 50 minutes

Cold is about 4 degrees above zero. Effing cold is minus 10 with the wind chill! I really took the "pretty boy/roadie" comment to heart so I bucked up and went out on the trail for my normal 11 mile loop that normally takes about an hour and 15 minutes. With the cold, blowing snow, and 6 inches+ of snow on the ground we were slowed down big time (we meaning Aric Manning and myself). Aric is out in Colorado meeting with Pearl Izumi over the next couple of days to go over the 2010 team so I took my turn to entertain him today on local trails. Entertain or torture?? I don't know what the appropriate term would be. At any rate, we cut through the snow and wind to come back cold and frosty. The little speed work we did was more to break the rhythm of the slow leg turn over trudging through the crusty snow. In the end, good times all around but glad that one is over. Reminded me of Turquoise Lake 20 mile snowshoe race in Leadville.

Now that's frosty!

2 comments:

brownie said...

I heard they cancelled the Pb snowshoe race. Thank god, that was miserable.

Anonymous said...

Way to toughen up Fast Eddy! Just trying to keep you a real Hardrock Boy. We ran yesturday in 8 degrees, does remind me of that damn snowshoe race.
Say hey to Aric for me.
BFish