Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

14 myles - 1.40:03

Daniels Park - 11:00 A.M.
mild - mid 50s, no wind
mind/body - good
easy effort

Prescribed: 1.45 - 2.00 hours, flat and easy

Actual: 14 myles - 1.40:03 - avg. 7:08 - some hills

It's finally nice enough to go for a run without a beanie and tights. High pressure sitting over Colorado will give us a few more days of mild weather so I better hit it before the snow. I felt pretty good today with no aches or pains (which I always fear after speed work). I'll take a day off tomorrow so that I can do more speed stuff on Friday and a longer run on Saturday.

On another note, my basement (or man cave) is nearly complete with the media package coming yesterday. TV is real nice - Samsung LED. I'll test it out on Sunday watching my Cowboys beat up on the unbeaten Saints - No more Mr. Niceguy in December!

Last, I want to teach you all Spanish. Since there are 14 days left in the year I will give you 14 days of Mexican Christmas. Think of it as my gift to you. Today's word is: CHEESE. An example using the word: Maria likes me, but cheese ugly.

3 comments:

Breeves2000 said...

I thought those were your footprints I saw on the side of Griggs. The trails are still pretty muddy so I should've stayed to the road for consistency. Next year, we're planning on finishing the man cave so I may swing by to see what you've done if you don't mind. It would be nice to get some ideas. Plus, I LOVE those LED backlit TVs.

brownie said...

I think "cheese" translates into the English term "butterface." As in, "She's got a butterface. Her body is smokin', but her face is horrendus."

Jon Allen said...

Now that's some spanish I might use!