Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, January 2, 2010

20 myles - 2.20:29

Santa Fe loop + 10 minute cool down - 11:00 A.M.
40s, overcast, some snow on the ground
mind/body - weak/achy
easy effort

Prescribed: 2.45 easy with last mile at MP

Actual: 20 myles - 2.20:29 - avg. 7:03 - last mile 6:01:71

Despite the sore throat and fever I went out to see what I could muster... actually turned out pretty good. I felt tired/sluggish/reluctant to start but once I started going I felt OK, other than coughing up flem the entire way. Maybe I caused an austere environment in my body that killed the bug because as I write this I feel good, endorphins right? We'll see tonight when the endorphins wear off. The last mile didn't cause me too much stress as my breathing was real relaxed.

Favorite picture of my wife and I

2 comments:

Matt said...

How are you feeling (Sunday)? I've been battling cold last 2 weeks: couple of ez days and then a steady one, which seems to set me back despite the fact that I feel great during and afterwards.

My lifelong asthma/allergy predis. might just be my achilles heal.

Hopefully you are getting through "it."

Unknown said...

Sore throat still and now a little cough. The fam has been sick for the past couple of weeks so it was bound to happen. Better now than in a week or so, right? I should be just fine.

Scott