Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

10 myles - 1.08:30

Daniels Park - 7:00 A.M.
18 degrees, clear, dry
mind/body - refreshed/strong
easy effort

I felt really good this morning with a 6:51 pace. And just to keep the legs and lungs honest I pushed a middle mile at 5:55, feeling really relaxed. I've been so busy with work that I'm running when I can but I don't want to lose speed leading into Caumsett 50k in 7 weeks. If I can get out and do a speed workout a week then I feel pretty confident posting a 3:15 there.

On another note, remember how I said it was no biggie that I took 2nd masters but crossed the line first at the RnR marathon? Well turns out it was a $500 biggie! First masters walked away with $1000 and second was $500 - shit! Not complaining here because I expected nothing, just saying it woulda been nice to have a grand in my pocket! Even the elites wear chips. Can you imagine if two guys are battling for the overall win and are both leaning at the tape?? Only to find out that the guy who crossed the line second really won.... That's about a $5000 or more difference. So the strategy now is if you are in a large marathon and you're placed in corral 1, start at the back of the corral!
Post a Comment