Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, January 29, 2010

10 myles (8 - 56:19)

Daniels Park - 8:00 A.M.
20s, snow on the ground, clear
mind/body - good
Hard effort

Today started the speed work build up for Caumsett 50K. I hope to get in at least 2 speed type workouts per week. So this morning I did 7 x 1 minute at VO2 Max up a 10% grade - times ranged from :58 - 1:01. The last time I did this workout I felt like I pushed a lot harder for those times, whereas today I was spent but not wasted as before. Good feeling.

On another note, here is a message from the Competitor group that I received yesterday in regards to the Phoenix Rock and Roll marathon:

Hi Scott

After much back and forth with the timing company and our events department, it is stated that all cash awards are awarded on gun time and not chip time. Therefore the results will amended to reflect this one the website

Matthew

So I did win the Master's group AND a check for $1000! Sorry Ken, I guess I owe you a beer now... To be perfectly fair they should award both Ken and I a grand for their mistake, right?

And I have to thank Tim Long for this because his comment prompted me to contact them and review rule #165 in the USATF guidelines. In addition, I scoured their website looking for information about how prize money was awarded - nothing. So I simple asked them to show me where it states prize money will be awarded based on chip time? In the end, they stepped up and did the right thing.

7 comments:

GZ said...

Like I said last time ... that is a big beer.

Nick said...

Thank the baby Jesus for rule #165. Bring some of that bonus $500 to FoCo next week will ya - there's a good little bar just around the corner from my house.

Manners said...

Looks like I better make a special trip to Colorado next weekend!

Jon Allen said...

Good to hear they are fixing it.

footfeathers said...

You don't owe me any thanks. It was the right thing for them to do. Congratulations on your race!
TL

Alverna said...

wow... you can have a great party w/ the extra $500.. I will send you a list of everything I need...old people need lots of things...

Geoff said...

I agree, you both should get the $1k at this point! Glad the rules were upheld.