Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

6 myles - 42:22

Grigs - 4:00 P.M.
mid 30s, little snow, overcast
mind/body - recovered
easy effort

Nice and easy (7:03 pace) to shake out the legs after two days of doing nothing and no residual soreness. Been reflecting on the marathon a lot these past couple of days and I've come to conclusion that I gave my best effort BUT there is room for improvement. I think I'm a little haunted by the fact that I nearly cracked the 6:00 barrier (thanks Nick). I may have to go back and see if I can nail those last two myles... OR I may just shoot for something in that range for Caumsett 50K.

Am I becoming a roadie?? Nah. I love the trails and mountains too much. I do, however, have a tremendous amount of respect for those guys who pound the pavement fast all year. Guess I'm just not that disciplined. I am still blown away by those guys who crank out 2.15s and below - just amazing!

Last, here is a picture of Dean Karnazes and I. Some of the people in the CRUD group call me Latino Deano. I dunno, do you think we look alike? When I spoke to him, he actually knew who I was so I thought that was kinda cool. I told him that 4-desert thing he did last year was a cake walk compared to Hardrock - he said HR was on his list... I really didn't say that but HR is on his list.

My stunt double
Post a Comment