Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Quick update

Days have been long here in Arizona, barely getting any down time at all. My days have been starting @ 5:30 A.M. with a run and ending @ 8:30 P.M. with study hall. Having said that, my runs have been great! On Monday I went out for 35 minutes with ~1 mile @ 6 pace and then this morning for 45 minutes starting and ending with a mile @ 6 pace. The area I have been running is part road, part dirt and with it being dark the locals tell me to watch out for the Javalina's... didn't know what a Javalina was but I guess it's a wild pig that will attack if spooked - haven't seen one yet and besides they don't scare me.... mountain lions, bears, and moose scare me.

I have good feelings for this marathon on Sunday.... I will try to keep you all updated but if I don't and you want to follow online my number is 1666.

12 comments:

brownie said...

Saw Keith tonight. He said good luck and wanted me to remind you that no matter what you run this weekend his San Juan Solstice time is still faster than yours.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Scott. Amazing preparation and thanks for sharing it with us.

Manners said...

Good Luck! 1666....El Jaime is El Diablo!

Harsha said...

Good Luck, Buddy. You will do great. I will try giving you a call before the race.

Erik said...

Good luck Scott! Anxious to hear how it all turns out.
I'll see you at Buffalo..and Pocatello.....and Hardrock(if the lottery gods are kind)..........and possibly the Bear (if the Wasatch Gods are not kind).

JC said...

I have a feeling you are going to have a great time and an amazing finishing time at AZ! See you in the starting chute. Best, JC

Local Mind Media said...

Go after it, Scott. Trust all the work you've put in.
Tim

Local Mind Media said...

Go after it Scott. Trust in the work you put in.
Tim

Anonymous said...

You really have to "go out fast and take chances"! It's only a marathon after all.
Just stay focused on your main goal here... crush Keith's PR!!
BFish

Jon Allen said...

Good luck, Scott. Believe in your training and don't go out too hard the first 5 miles. Make sure you get take it easy these next few days. And above all, have fun!

Ken said...

Hey Scott,

Great race!

Email me when you have time.

Ken Pliska

Unknown said...

Ken,

Great race as well! I didn't know that was you but I know your name from great results here in CO.

I don't have your email so send it along to esjaime44@gmail.com