Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, January 30, 2010

~22 myles ~3.45

Falcon Trail - 7:00 A.M.
teens to start - 30s to finish, clear, snow trails
mind/body - refreshed
easy effort

Drove down to the Springs this morning to meet up with the CRUD group. And what a group it was, probably 20 or so - largest I've seen. Turns out this morning another group called the Sunrise striders came out to join the run to bolster the numbers. Like I said, bitter cold to start but once we hit the first aid station... yep that's right - aid station on a training run! Rick Hessek had liposuction surgery so he and John Genet were driving around meeting us with water, bars, and gels. Pretty cool I'd say. As I was saying once we hit the Hessek aid station it warmed up nicely and turned out to be a great day.

CRUD group on Falcon Trail
Photo courtesy of Harsha

We started on the Santa Fe trail and then hooked up with the Falcon trail that is on the Air Force Academy. What a nice trail it was too. It's basically a 13 mile loop trail that meanders through the trees, cuts through the golf course, skirts the football stadium, and crosses a few roads. It was really refreshing to be on single track dirt trails again. I'll be back for sure.

My father in law's favorite dog - Babu

4 comments:

Paul DeWitt said...

Notice the relative position of me (front) and Scott (rear). After the run Scott informed me that because he started 2 seconds after me, he was in fact in the lead the whole time.

footfeathers said...

Is Paul going snowmobiling with those gloves after the run? ;-)
TL

Unknown said...

Being a woodworker Paul has very delicate hands that need to be protected from frost bite ....even though it was 40+

Breeves2000 said...

I really need to come on some runs with the CRUDders.