Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, January 10, 2010

6 myles - 43:48

Grigs - 9:00 A.M.
30s, clear, almost dry
mind/body - ready to go
easy, easy effort

Prescribed: 45 minutes easy effort

Actual: 6 myles - 43:48 - avg. 7:18 - easy effort

I just wanted to get out and get the blood pumping. I'm traveling today and won't get a chance later. 49 myles for the week with two solid tempo workouts, now it's time to taper a bit more.

Tapering has always been an issue for me; how much is too much? Too little? I think I've been on both ends of the spectrum going into a race and since I've been working with Paul I think I've got it dialed in. Decrease by 20% two weeks out and then race week decrease another 20%. The point during race week is trying not to sit around too much and get out for 20 minutes here and there. It's gonna be tough this week with all the meetings but I have a feeling the weather is gonna be great no matter the time.

And just in case your interested here is a little info on the product that was just approved that I will be selling.

2 comments:

Speedgoat Karl said...

You better taper right for Hardrock, you'll be the favorite again!

Unknown said...

That's messed up Karl! You know you're far and away the favorite at HR. I predict you will go under 24 and push for the CR. That's waaaay beyond me!