Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, January 7, 2010

10 myles - 1.09:15

Daniels Park - 1:00 P.M.
15 degrees, clear, snow on the ground
mind/body - good/coughing
easy effort

Prescribed: 1.15 easy effort with short hill sprints afterwards

Actual: 10 myles - 1.09:15 - avg. 6:55 - last mile 5:21

Today I was supposed to do a 10K time trial but because of the weather and limited traction on the road I was unable to get it in. I'll chalk it up as an easy run. I did, however, do the last mile pretty quick just too keep the legs and lungs honest. I've still been a little sick but feel it's on the way out.

On another note, Team Pearl Izumi-Smith just announced the team for 2010. Check it out

4 comments:

scott said...

Congrats on making the team again, well deserved!

brownie said...

I'm considering filing a lawsuit against PI for their blatant discrimination against slow people.

Anonymous said...

hey scott, a young friend of mine, nick lewis, is one of your teamates now. take him under your wing and show him the ropes. he's a good kid. see you in silverton later this summer. billy simpson

Unknown said...

Yep Billy - I remember talking to you in Leadville (Twin Lakes). In fact, I met Nick in the coffee shop a week before, left a good impression on me. Already thinking of the San Juan my friend - see you then!