Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, January 23, 2010

~11 myles - 1.52:05

Snowmass - 9:30 A.M.
20s, snow - 6 fresh, snowing
mind/body - strong
easy effort

I had a chance to go skiing today as my hotel is slope side, but I chose to go on a little adventure instead. I had no idea where I was going so I just headed out and found the Nordic trail. Turns out there are tons of Nordic trails that were well groomed in and around Snowmass Village. Underneath the 6 inches of fresh pow-pow it was solid but slow and go, probably averaged just over 10 minute myles... And then I found a hill called "anaerobic nightmare" and decided to go up. My goal was to make it to the top without walking.... 3/4 of the way up I realized that I could walk faster than I was running - it nearly buckled me when I got to the top. Anaerobic? Yes. Hell yes! Lungs seared by the cold mountain air and legs pumped and sloshy - stark contrast from the streets of Phoenix just one week ago huh? Today was much more fun!

No comments: