Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, December 1, 2008

14 myles - 1.40:16

HR urban trails - 10 a.m.
40s, partly cloudy, mucky/messy-snow/mud mix
mind/body - good
medium effort

Boy did I feel good today - fast! Time wasn't great but trudging through snow/slush mix prevented anything faster. The worst part about today was cars driving past with no regard for me on the road - sometimes I wonder what they're thinking.... On the contrary, they're probably wondering what I'm thinking?? No harm, no foul right? Just increases my cat-like abilities by dodging slush balls...

In other news, I signed up for two races today: Miwok 100K on May 2nd and Squaw Peak 50M on June 6th. These races are significant because SP 50 was my first ultra back in 2004 and Miwok was my first DNF back in 2006. Gives me a chance to redeem myself and see how far I've come in a span of 5 years - I have high hopes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Edward...... can't wait ...to see the results...

Erik said...

I hope you get into Squaw Peak, it's always nice to have a few rabbits to chase. Although if last year's results are any indication, the only chasing will be to see who can catch a glimpse of you after the first 100 meters.