Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, December 14, 2008

10 K - 50:19

Lone Tree loop - noon
fresh snow, 10 degrees, snowing
mind/body - good/fresh
easy effort

I woke up this morning with the temperature right at 2 degrees - chilly! The good thing is that all the mud is frozen, the bad thing is everything else is frozen - including me. The prescribed run was to be a 30 - 60 minute easy run to finish the week. I finished the recovery week with 43 myles. Now I'll ramp it back up for the next 8 weeks - probably topping out around 90 myles. My race schedule for 2009 is starting to take shape as I officially registered for Way Too Cool 50K on March 14th. I've also got my eye on a couple races for the late winter/early spring but won't register until I'm confident with my training in the next few weeks. I'll keep you posted

Tortilla eating contest - I won with 4.9 torts in 5 minutes (Tim actually had 5 torts in his mouth but puked so I won by default)

Moral of the story is that headbands make you fast in ev-er-rything!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

such concentration on that tortilla...I know that headband made the difference..

Manners said...

Of course the headband helped. Good focus, great result. The Fast One closes out 2008 with a solid victory.