Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

12 myles - 1.23:59

HR east/west loop - 11:00 a.m.
low 20s, cloudy, South wind
mind/body - better than yesterday
easy effort

OK so maybe I didn't tell you the whole story yesterday why I left my watch home. In all honesty it was nice not to know time and yes not knowing did get me out the door. But what I didn't tell you is that I was feeling a little nauseated all day and really felt a little under the weather so I couldn't bear to look at the watch to see who slow I really was going. You see that dopy looking turtle on the top of my blog - I was much slower than that guy yesterday. So there you have it the full story, nothing but the truth. No stealth training going on here

Today was a totally different story; felt much better and faster. The weather is kind of crazy right now, from 20s to 60s and back to 20s today. Almost all the snow has melted and I thought the mud would be frozen but not so. The East/West trail was a muddy mess so I got back on the road and did a modified loop off the trail.

In other news, tonight I'm participating in a tortilla eating contest against my friend Tim Hola (who has several eating competitions under his belt). Since I'm Mexican and I do have a big mouth I'm counting myself as a 5:2 odds favorite - sorry Tim...
Post a Comment