Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

12 myles - 1.23:59

HR east/west loop - 11:00 a.m.
low 20s, cloudy, South wind
mind/body - better than yesterday
easy effort

OK so maybe I didn't tell you the whole story yesterday why I left my watch home. In all honesty it was nice not to know time and yes not knowing did get me out the door. But what I didn't tell you is that I was feeling a little nauseated all day and really felt a little under the weather so I couldn't bear to look at the watch to see who slow I really was going. You see that dopy looking turtle on the top of my blog - I was much slower than that guy yesterday. So there you have it the full story, nothing but the truth. No stealth training going on here

Today was a totally different story; felt much better and faster. The weather is kind of crazy right now, from 20s to 60s and back to 20s today. Almost all the snow has melted and I thought the mud would be frozen but not so. The East/West trail was a muddy mess so I got back on the road and did a modified loop off the trail.

In other news, tonight I'm participating in a tortilla eating contest against my friend Tim Hola (who has several eating competitions under his belt). Since I'm Mexican and I do have a big mouth I'm counting myself as a 5:2 odds favorite - sorry Tim...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

who won?

Anonymous said...

My money is Fast Ed, I've seen you eat! Just make sure youe wash them down with plenty of brews.
Cheers,
BFish

Unknown said...

I won! 4.9 BIG tortillas in 5 minutes. Tim actually got 5.0 tortillas in his mouth as time expired and the rules clearly stated that you could count what was in your mouth if you could swallow it... Well Tim puked up a wad of tortilla which made me the winner!

My jaw is sore today - I think I might have to skip running today...

Manners said...

That a boy. What aren't you good at?