Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

7 myles - 54:07

Treadmill - 3:30 P.M.
mid 20s outside - hot and steamy in the garage
mind/body - good
Hard effort

I contemplated taking the day off after a long day yesterday but with the upcoming Holidays and travel to Utah I had to get it in today. My body felt relatively good, which means that my fitness is coming around.

Prescribed workout: 30 minutes @ 6:45 pace with 4% incline

Actual workout: 54:07 - 7 myles for an average of 7:43. 15 minute warm-up at 7.5 MPH then bumped it up to 8.5 MPH with 4% incline BUT for only 25 minutes. Cooled down for 20 minutes to make it an even 7 myles.

I didn't make the full 30 minutes because I felt like I was pushing a bit out of my range i.e. lactate started to spill over... 8.5 MPH works out to be a 7:03 average but with a 4% incline the effort is more like 6:24. To hit 6:45 I had to be at 8.9 MPH and I don't think I'm ready for that yet. Here's a good chart to determine effort with added incline.

I find it extremely more difficult to sustain a pace on my TM as opposed to the roads and after doing a google search it looks like I'm not alone. After I get back from Utah I'm going to test my treadmill for accuracy as my TM is a least 9 years old. At any rate - awesome/tough workout!! It'll make those Christmas treats go down with less guilt.

Happy Holidays everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your prize for first comment on our blog is a slow dance with the mtshadow of your choice. I was reading your blog regularly until my macaroni and cheese went bad waiting to see if I could safely eat it. My bitterness is wearing off now. Happy Holidays!
With Love,
MT Shadows