Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

10.5 myles - 1.19:43

HR East/West trail - 2:00 p.m.
20 degrees, still frozen, partly cloudy
mind/body - good
easy effort

Give me 20 degrees and I'll take a run outside any day! In fact, after yesterday on the treadmill, give me MINUS 20 and I'll take a run outside! It seems so much harder to sustain a pace on the treadmill, doesn't it? Maybe my TM needs some tuning but that 8:12 pace on the TM seemed a lot harder than my 7:35 pace today in the snow.

Having said that though, the snow was perfect for running in today; not too deep, melted a bit from the sun to make it sticky, and the ground underneath was still frozen. The prescribed run was an easy effort between 1 - 1.15 hours. Went a little over but this run normally takes me around 1.12 so I'm not too worried.

I've got a pretty busy day tomorrow so I might take the day off and then get back at it on Thursday with the 30 minute run at 5:45 pace... oooofffhhh not looking forward to that!

3 comments:

Paul DeWitt said...

Nice job on the long run/walk yesterday on the treadmill. Glad to see it went so well. I know running long on the treadmill can suck, but it is great mental training. I tend to do mostly hard runs on the TM and when you are hurting you don't have time to get bored! I'll send you directions on how to calibrate the TM just in case....
- pauld

Justin Ricks said...

Speed work...I have been reading your blog for over a year now and I never seen that before. Speed work just never seems to get any easier, see you at Way Too Cool.

Unknown said...

well then Justin you didn't look at my blog two times last year.... Two, count em 2! speed workouts all year- both leading up to WTC. I gotta do something different this year so I can finish before you go home...