Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

10.5 myles - 1.19:43

HR East/West trail - 2:00 p.m.
20 degrees, still frozen, partly cloudy
mind/body - good
easy effort

Give me 20 degrees and I'll take a run outside any day! In fact, after yesterday on the treadmill, give me MINUS 20 and I'll take a run outside! It seems so much harder to sustain a pace on the treadmill, doesn't it? Maybe my TM needs some tuning but that 8:12 pace on the TM seemed a lot harder than my 7:35 pace today in the snow.

Having said that though, the snow was perfect for running in today; not too deep, melted a bit from the sun to make it sticky, and the ground underneath was still frozen. The prescribed run was an easy effort between 1 - 1.15 hours. Went a little over but this run normally takes me around 1.12 so I'm not too worried.

I've got a pretty busy day tomorrow so I might take the day off and then get back at it on Thursday with the 30 minute run at 5:45 pace... oooofffhhh not looking forward to that!
Post a Comment