Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, December 21, 2008

12 myles - 1.33:19

Treadmill - 11:00 a.m.
10 degrees outside, maybe 50 in the garage?
mind/body - still sick
easy effort

Still sick, now with a sore throat. I couldn't go outside because it was told cold being sick. I decided on the treadmill for the simple fact that I didn't know how far I was gonna make it. Turned out OK. It seemed like the longer I was running the better I felt so I'm hoping to run the cold out - only time will tell.

Prescribed workout - Easy effort 1.30 with 8-10 strides afterwards
Actual workout - 12 myles easy effort 1.33:19 for an average of 7:43/mile. For the last mile I bumped it up to 10 MPH for 20 seconds and then back down to 7 MPH for 40 seconds to create about 6 or so strides.

For the week I end with 66 myles and despite the cold feel like I'm pretty fit. Next week I'll hit the mid 70s with a long run of 3 hours and probably a couple of LT workouts.

No comments: