Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, December 28, 2008

20 myles - 2.23:10

Utah - 10:30 a.m.
30s, snowy/slushy roads, no wind
mind/body - eager/refreshed
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 1.15-1.30 - easy effort

Actual workout: 20 myles - 2.23 - easy effort - avg. 7:10


Ahhh the fresh smell of farm! Utah is where I grew up and the roads I ran today is where I cut my teeth on running. I trained on these very roads 28 years for my first marathon at the age of 11. It was nice to be back home and remincse a bit. Talk about urban sprawl!! All the old farmers are selling out to developers because their kids don't wanna run the farm, kinda sad. Although with the development they took the old railroad line and turned it into a really nice pathway that extends for about 8 myles.

So I did a little more than I should of today but because of the holidays I have to do my back to back long runs (2.5 hrs) today and tomorrow. I averaged 7:10/mile and I honestly felt really, really comfortable there. I didn't encorporate any walk/run combo because I felt so good. My confidence is growing... We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

I ended the week with 75 myles for a total of 9 hrs 28 minutes

No comments: