Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, December 19, 2008

11 myles - 1.24:27

Daniels Park/Sanctuary Hill - 12:30 p.m.
stiff North wind, upper 30s, a little mucky
mind/body - Miserable!
easy, mixed in with hard effort

I'm sick! Talk about a death march! I had no motivation or energy to do anything so I barley made it through the workout. I guess it's these kinds of runs that make ya tough right? Reminded me too much of when I DNF'd at Wasatch in 06 for feeling the same way.

Prescribed workout: 1.15-1.30 with 8-12 x :30 to :45 seconds up a minimum 15% grade at the end.

Actual workout: 1.24:27 for a total of 11 myles. I did the short work at the midway point and then ran back. I did 8 x :31-:33 seconds with a 14% grade - the bare minimum. I made sure I ran strong - meaning I drove my knees and exaggerated the arm movement.

In the past when I've felt this way (stuffy nose, fever, aches, chills) I have always made myself run because I figure I would run out the cold, but I dunno.... You tell me - would you run or would you skip the work out?

In addition, yesterday I went to the gym because I was starting to feel like crap. I rode the stationary bike for 15 minutes then did upper and lower body as well as core. My routine to start is 2 x 20 reps - light weigh. I wanted to get it in but wanted to start light. Over and out....

1 comment:

Paul DeWitt said...

You gotta feed a cold - eat a burrito!