Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

10 myles - no time

Daniels Park - 3:00 p.m.
66 degrees!, clear, wet road
mind/body - struggled to get out the door
easy effort

No watch. No tunes. No HR monitor. Just me and the road.... and a few cars. Doesn't get any more pure than that ....except for maybe being on the trails. Although couldn't get on the trails today because they were sloppy from all the snow melt. I can't believe two days ago it was in the 20s and snowing, today it was high 60s and clear - welcome to Colorado!

Being a slave to time can be burdensome by giving me a feeling I have to perform each time - as I have posted before. It's nice just to get out and give the legs a spin without the watch hanging over my head. Try it sometime if you haven't already. It works best for those days when you just don't feel like running, like me today.... Old Jedi mind trick to get you out the door. You'd be surprised how far you get.

2 comments:

TD said...

No watch? Are you crazy? How are you going to continue to intimidate the rest of us by posting your blazing times? Run for fun...nah, we're on to you fast--ed:)

Anonymous said...

That's the only way I run these days... what ever pace the old body feels like giving me. Maybe that's why I'm getting slow?
BFish