Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, November 30, 2008

11 myles - 1.34:13

HR east/west loop - 11 a.m.
6 inches fresh snow, snowing, high 20s
mind/body - good
medium effort

Ahhhh - something about fresh snow on the trail! Much harder work breaking trail but certainly more peaceful. About an hour and a 1/2 worth of high knees to get ready for the Turquoise Lake 20 mile snowshoe run in January, although no snowshoes. I intended staying out longer but I knew my son was waiting at home to go sledding so headed home content with an hour and 1/2 workout. Gives me a total mileage of 68 for the week, 265 for the month, and 2646 for the year. Pretty good considering it's the first month back training and I've only averaged about 250/month for 2008. Might as well go for 3000 for the year...

4 comments:

AJW said...

Great to hear about the snow. We have nothing here and I think I'm the only guy in town happy about that. Are you still set for a hard road marathon this winter or are you saving yourself for an old skool smackdown with AJW at Cool?

Unknown said...

I'm gonna save myself a bit. I don't think I could have kept that training leading up to WTC. I'm gonna do a hard marathon in Feb so the O.S.- smackdown is ON! Savin' myself for AJayDub!!!

brownie said...

Come down to Austin in February, there a few CRUD guys going.

I mentioned to Rick about your Greenland triumph, he said real men don't count anything below 50 miles.

Unknown said...

Austin is an option. Gotta decide between that and Red Hot in Moab.

OK fair enough with Rick. Therefore I don't count anything below an average elevation of 11,000 ft for 100 miles... Bring it on Hessek - HR 09 CRUD championship!?!? Or is that too hard for you SCRUDers?