Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

20 myles - 2.24:12

HR urban foothill trails - 9:00 a.m.
clear, dry, mid 60s
mind/body - good
medium effort

Had to get a big run in today in anticipation of the big meal tomorrow! I always feel much better pigging out when I've worked for it and besides it was a real nice day today.

I tried something relatively new the last couple of days: 2 workouts spread out by only 12 hours. I got this idea from PI/Smith team mate Paul DeWitt. When Paul is getting ready for a hundred he will do 4 runs, 2 hours in length each time within 36 hours. I did a very scaled down version yesterday and today by doing 1.15 (10 myles) last night and ~2.5 (20 myles) this morning. I like the concept of running on tired legs, not to mention a tired mind. Bring on the Turkey... and ham... and stuffing... and candied yams.... and pumpkin pie.... and mashers... and lots of rolls - did I leave anything out? We are headed down to the Brown Palace and I guarantee I will eat my moneys worth!

On a totally different note, I got a strange phone call the other night. A girl by the name of Amy Martinez called saying that she works for the Discovery channel and wanted to follow me around for a week with a camera... she said my story was very interesting?? I asked her "what story" and her reply "we think it would be interesting to follow around a former cop who was hooked on meth and came clean!" WHAT!?!?! I told her she had the wrong guy and that was that. I thought for sure I'd been a victim of identity theft but check out THIS story. Thank goodness for middle names...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

Manners said...

That's creepy man. I hope you get some help.

TD said...

Sounds like the Discovery Channel has found the answer to your nervous twitch and boundless energyfor back-to-back training runs. Watch your teeth though...if the meth doesn't get them the candied yams will! Happy Thanksgiving!

brownie said...

HA! So that's your secret to staying up all night running!