Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

12 myles - 1.23:39

Daniels Park - 11:30 a.m.
40s, South wind, little damp
mind/body - felt good
medium effort

Well the perfect days have come to an end - for now. Colorado has a tendency to be erratic in weather patterns - it could be 80 degrees tomorrow followed by a blizzard the next day. But at any rate it was still pleasant once I got going. This route has a pretty steep, short climb that I call the Sanctuary hill and it's the first time I've been down it since mid-summer so I wasn't sure if I had any climbing legs yet. I was quite surprised to climb good and recover fast - maybe I should stick to the climbing and leave the flat stuff to the fast guys... Achilles felt pretty solid today, I applied some heat this morning and massaged it pretty good so maybe that will be the trick - thanks for the tip Grae

Starting Sunday I am going to add a new weekly post entitled "Nutrition Tips" I have a degree in Nutrition so I might as well divulge some of that knowledge and give some tips to the endurance athlete. As I start to post information, let me know if it's helpful or not. I appreciate any feedback

1 comment:

Manners said...

Great! I am really looking forward to some nutrition tips. Gets some miles out of that degree baby!