Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

14 myles - 1.36:08

Daniels Park - noon
mid 50s, overcast, dry
mind/body - very good
medium effort

It's no secret that I tend to start too fast and fade towards the end of any race so today I thought I'd mix it up a bit. I decided that I would do a little speed work for the last 3 myles of my run on somewhat tired legs. I would have been happy to hit 6:15s/18:45 for 3 myles but I did a little better than expected. I hit 5:53, 5:56, 6:05/17:54 for the last 3 myles - not too shabby eh? I think this approach will help the fading thing for shorter races (marathon and 50K) but probably won't do much for those 100 mile beasts....

1 comment:

The Hyding Place said...

hello Italian Stallion. Jent Jent here. The "short races" (marathon and 50k) are hardly even worth my time...that is why I don't run or train for them. I prefer to spend my time eating meal-size portions of technically fat-free red vines with a side of root beer float. Myles is so so cute. Henry can't wait to play with him.