Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, November 20, 2008

16 myles - 1.51:38

Daniels Park - 11:30 a.m.
mid 30s, frosty, fog
mind/body - eager
medium effort

Sho ded fee-yal maadeh fein!

Must be in the air - crisp, clean, foggy, rocky mountain high, Colorado air that is. I stuck with my theme of getting fast legs at the end, kind of been my speed work the last couple of weeks. Since I fade in races I've been going LT (or close to) the last couple myles of my longer runs - maybe it'll make me tougher in the mind too. Today I did the last 3 in 19:17 (6:31, 6:24, 6:22). The point was NOT to get to LT but see what pace I felt comfortable without going into the red. When I was thinking about this during the run I thought I would be about 6:30s so I was pretty close. My hope is to build up to a 30 mile training run with the last 5 sub 6:20 going into WTC in March of 09.

And just for the record I ran yesterday 10 myles (1.10:07) in 70 degree weather. From 70 to 30 in a day: They say if you don't like the weather in Colorado - just wait a day. Very true.

4 comments:

GZ said...

solid!

AJW said...

Sweet run! How do you get that kind of time to run on a Thursday? Man, I want your job! I should get a 10 minute bonus at WTC just for that!

I know, I can hear it already, "you get summers off"

Unknown said...

I'm the night shift manager at Arby's... you still want my job?

Anonymous said...

AJW, I ask him the same thing all the time... I've got my app. into Arby's but they aren't hiring.
Cheers,
BFish (who dosen't have that kinda of time, or summers off)
Just to add-not that a 10 minute bonus wouldn't get me very far anyway.