Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

11 myles - 1.19:19

HR - East/West trail loop - noon
upper 40s, SW wind, still dry
mind/body - not really into it
easy effort

Boy I tell ya I slogged through some myles today - didn't really want to be out there. I don't know whether I just had an off day, if the speed work is catching up to me, or if I'm just gettin' old. I would probably say a combination of all 3. Ended up with an average of 7:12/mile, in which I felt a lot slower than that.

On another note, I'm narrowing my 2009 race schedule down to 6 actual races and then the monster Colorado Trail adventure in September. I've got about 9 races to choose from right now and ultimately it will depend upon when my son is on break from school. He goes year round with 9 weeks on and 3 weeks off so I'll have to wait till his schedule comes out before I make any concrete decisions. And just to be clear it's not just "my" decision, my wife has equal say and has to give me the go ahead.
Post a Comment