Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

11 myles - 1.19:19

HR - East/West trail loop - noon
upper 40s, SW wind, still dry
mind/body - not really into it
easy effort

Boy I tell ya I slogged through some myles today - didn't really want to be out there. I don't know whether I just had an off day, if the speed work is catching up to me, or if I'm just gettin' old. I would probably say a combination of all 3. Ended up with an average of 7:12/mile, in which I felt a lot slower than that.

On another note, I'm narrowing my 2009 race schedule down to 6 actual races and then the monster Colorado Trail adventure in September. I've got about 9 races to choose from right now and ultimately it will depend upon when my son is on break from school. He goes year round with 9 weeks on and 3 weeks off so I'll have to wait till his schedule comes out before I make any concrete decisions. And just to be clear it's not just "my" decision, my wife has equal say and has to give me the go ahead.

4 comments:

AJW said...

Totally understand that it's not just your decision but if you're still thinking of R2R2R in March please keep me posted. I'd love some company.

Ajaydub

Unknown said...

yep - still thinking about it. I'll have my plans for next year by the end of this month.

brownie said...

You gonna try to do Hardrock again? Think a lot of the guys down here are gonna try their luck at the lottery.

Unknown said...

Try - JT??? More like CRUSH!! Kinda like you do a 12er of PBR. I plan on going from the guy who lost by 6 and 1/2 hours to the guy who went under 20 hours at HR.....

Phhhhbbbbbfffffttt..... I'm just kiddin'! We all know you can't drink!

Of course, HR is always going to be on my list. Hopin' I get in and hopin' for a finish. If I get both then I'm a lucky man!