Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, November 24, 2008

16 myles - 1.58:18

HR urban foothill trails - 11:30 a.m.
60s, clear, dry
mind/body - lethargic
easy effort

Highlands Ranch has a very nice system of new trails in the urban foothills that were begging me to step on them. Check out the link above to see my home course. Today was a good day to mix things up and get in a long one because my shift at Arby's starts a little later than usual. And besides when ol man winter is away you've gotta play!

I linked a couple different loops together to step on every inch of the HR trail system with a total of 700ft of elevation gain. I didn't feel particularly fresh when I started but I've noticed I really come into my own about 30 minutes into my runs and today was no different. I averaged 7:23/mile but would consider it an easy effort based on breathing but then again I don't think running 16 myles is ever "easy" - it's all relative.

Look for a post later today on the 3rd and final post regarding nutritional facts. It's gonna come late because were gonna be busy with a special on roast beef sandwiches for the holidays!

No comments: