Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, November 6, 2008

11 myles - 1.13:17

HR east/west trail - noon
mid 40s, dry, South wind
mind/body - eager
medium effort

Things seem to be coming around with the body - primarily the Achilles. I had no pain and very little tenderness as I woke today - good sign to keep runnin'!

This route has about 800 ft of climbing on trails so I'm more than pleased with the time - a little less than 6.40/mile. I made a decision today about the upcoming road marathon for a PR - I decided that I will do a trial run of 20 myles on a flat paved surface right before Thanksgiving. If I get under 2.10 then I'll try for my PR if not then I'm gonna move back to the trails and train for a spring 50K. I find myself dreading the speed days and I just don't want to feel like that when running should be enjoyable. I'll keep you posted.

On another more important note, look at these pictures!! Myles was hamming it up for the camera - I may be a little biased but probably THE cutest little boy on earth!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is pretty darn cute... good thing he gets his looks from his mom!
We need to get together for a run and or some beers.
Cheers,
BFish