Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Apr 7 - 13 2008

  • Mon - 7 myles
  • Tues - 9 myles
  • Wed - off
  • Thurs - 11 myles
  • Fri - 16 myles
  • Sat - 8 myles
  • Sun - 13 myles
  • Total - 64 myles

Pic of the week - Both Jedi masters

Striking similarities between these two eh?? Besides being able to throw Jedi mind tricks, you have no chance at winning a fight with either of them! I had to put this picture up because it reminds me that my wife DOES have a sense of humor. Life happens and will pass each of us by so we might as well enjoy it!

I had a solid week of running! I almost put up normal myles rather than being a recovery week. This is a good sign but can also be dangerous as injuries seem to happen right about the time when you feel the best. I will be mindful these next few weeks leading up to Collegiate Peaks (CP50) to not overdo it and stay within that 70-80 range.

Speaking of CP 50, I originally was going to the 25 mile but that's when I had plans to do the Deadwood trail marathon in June. Now that Deadwood is out I can do the 50 mile as a tune up race for Desert RATS. Last time I did CP 50 it was 2005, my first full year of ultra running. I had done Spring Desert Ultra two weeks before so needless to say I wasn't fully recovered and still managed to get 7.55 (5th overall). I think this time around I will be in the 7.20-30 range. I hate making predictions because people read this stuff and hold you to it. I just think that's what I'm capable of.... IF all goes as planned. I'm not sure what place that will put me in and quite frankly that doesn't matter to me, what matters is that I get a better time than before and feel good doing it.

Next week I should hit the mid 70's for mileage. Our soccer game got canceled this weekend so now we have two next weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. That will definitely cut into my running on the weekend so I need to make sure I get back to back days of 16+ myles during the week. Instead of any speed work I will concentrate more on hills since Hard Rock training has officially started. ...and if I remember correctly Hard Rock has one or two hills

Quote of the week: Do or Do Not. There is no try. -Yoda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Humor////// You are right we need to take everything as it comes our way... Hard to do easy to say.... Way to go Nicole...Love it...