Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

5 myles (4 - 26:51)

Grigs out/back - 9:00 a.m.
clear, mid 50's, South wind
mind/body - ready to go
easy effort

Since I didn't get a chance to get the leg speed up yesterday in the snow I was anxious to get out today. Besides it was such a nice day I hated to waste it.

I went up Grigs to the hill and did two repeats (1:05:64, 1:02:21). The latter was the fastest I've gone up that hill by about 1/2 second. If it were a world record then I'd have an asterisk behind it because it was wind aided. Nonetheless I am very happy with my speed right now and very happy with the way I feel.

On another note, my family comes home today from a week long visit to Utah. I sure do miss them! Being here by myself for a week has made me realize that I can't make it without them, they are my inspiration and driving force! Besides, I'm tired of picking up after myself..... just kidding Nicole.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe the boys and I should go on more vacations, it might teach you to pick up more often. Just kidding we missed you too. LOL, your wife

Anonymous said...

you sound very ready for this race.. We will be with you heart & soul. We will be checking the web for any times they may have..I can hear those feet pounding that soil. RUN YOUR RACE AS YOU KNOW YOU CAN....

Manners said...

Who couldnt just fall in love with this family? I know I did, along time ago!
GO TEAM FAST EDDY!
Hey, have you heard of a new team based around PI and Smith Optics?