Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, April 11, 2008

16 myles - 1.53:42

Daniels Park out/back - noon
Stiff cold South wind, low 30's, snow flurries
mind/body - eager
medium effort

I felt strong today! My first/last splits were: 6:46/6:47. My breathing was relaxed and no major aches to speak of. Avg. pace was 7:06, fastest on this route yet. With 1500 ft of elevation gain I'd say that isn't too bad.

I know I'm in 50 mile shape but now it's time to get ready to be in 100 mile shape. In order to do that, 16 mile runs should be the standard from here on out. Anything less is a wimpy effort.

On another note, Today I got an official invitation to join a new ultra running team that's forming. The name is Team Pearl Izumi-Smith! More info to follow in the next couple of days

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell me more about your new team///