Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, April 28, 2008

8 myles - 56:27

South Mtn. Phx, AZ - 9:30 a.m.
clear, windy, 80ish
mind/body - good
easy effort

I have to say "easy effort" because I was in AZ, meaning the elevation makes it easy to breathe even at a quicker pace. I ran on the streets of Phx towards the mtns, hoping to get to the mtns. before too much time went by. I found a system of trails after about 15 minutes, ran on the trails for 30 minutes, then back to the hotel. I felt very good the entire way, continuing the theme from last week. I hope it lasts through Saturday. This was my first exposure to heat this year and to be honest I didn't like it. I had better do some serious heat training prior to desert RATS otherwise I will not have a good time at all. I hear Moab in June is around 100 degrees...

No comments: