Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, April 25, 2008

11 myles - 1.12:03

HR loop East/West trail - 7:00 a.m.
clear, cold wind, mid 30's
mind/body - Good/Strong
easy effort

I would have to say today's run was the best run I've had in a long time. That's saying a lot because lately I've had some pretty solid runs. But today I had the tingling feeling in my head. I usually only get the tingling head feeling at the start of a race or when I still feel good at the end of the race (i.e. finishing Hard Rock both times). I think that feeling comes from an extra shot of endorphins, creating that warm-fuzzy-I can conquer the world type of mentality. Not sure what triggered it today but I hope it returns next Saturday at Collegiate Peaks 50 mile.

Not the fastest time on this course today but I think the wind had a little to do with that. Tomorrow I hope to get out to Mt. Falcon again for a full loop after the morning soccer game. That should put me at 56 for the week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have always been able to conquer anything you put your mind to. warm fuzzy is good!

Anonymous said...

You know I think this might be YOUR year...2008