Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

9 myles - 1.12:52

Mt. Falcon - noon
clear, mid 50's, some snow on trail
mind/body - good
medium effort

Hard Rock training officially started today! Enough of the flat, pavement pounding stuff! Give me some of that climbing, technical, single track!

It's been quite a while since I've been to Mt. Falcon because it really wasn't conducive to the type of races I've been doing... or maybe I've just been chicken? Mt. Falcon has about 13 myles of trails with about 2500 ft elevation per loop. Today I just went straight up to the parking lot and straight back down to give me about 1700 ft of elevation. It was nice to get back onto the trails but I have to admit I was a little rusty. Once my mountain running gets going I'll be going to Mt. Falcon at least once a week and eventually doing a double or two before Hard Rock. That's if Hard Rock isn't canceled. Silverton has been getting pounded with snow and there doesn't look to be an end in sight as another major storm is headed their way. Memorial Day is the deadline of when the race officials will decide to cancel the race or not. Pray for warm weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well now that you're back to the real running we can hit the trails... not that I can hang with the new and even faster Fast Eddy!
Hardrock will happen, but there will be some great snow fields to climb and slide down! Did you see they tweeked the way tickets are given out for the 2009 lotery.

Congrats again on another great race! BFish